Sunday 23 October 2011

Pretty Lights at Night

I have always enjoyed looking at what people refer to as 'the shit blurred ones' which get quickly erased before making it iPhoto. There is something about taking images at night and and using your digy as a tool to capture moveable light which I just enjoy. I like to call them 'Light drawings'. Picasso is known for the trend of light painting back in the day. instead of drawing with light in front of a lens I move my camera around static light-  simply extracting and manipulating it from the existing landscape. I have been purposefully taking them for about 10 years. Each time I have a photo clear out I find myself still enjoying them enough for them to earn a place in my IPhoto(yes i am a hoarder). I am even warming to the 'nothingness' ones. This is what digital cameras excel at for me (As I still Love my Old Boy Olympus OM :D) and am still romantically joined to traditional photo taking. I think blueprint of each image captured and the layers Vs the Linear attracts me. Here's a few of my faves: 













No comments:

Post a Comment